I thought I would try and have a go at making my own embossing folder with some die cuts after seeing something similar on Pinterest ( yes I am addicted lol).
The first thing I used was some spare scraps of card ( some bits had practise stamping on which is perfect, mine will not now be going in the bin). Then I used a Britannia Large Flower Die and cut quite a few out.
I then stuck four of the flowers on top of each other ( the embossing came out rather deep so possibly 2 or 3 would have done) practise makes perfect lol.
The next step, I glued them onto a 5x5 piece of card.
The next step I ran it through my Grand Calibur. This is the embossed side.
This is the de bossed side. The line down the centre is an old a6 card and not part of the embossing folder.
I think I shall be playing a bit more to see what other dies I can use. Hope you enjoyed my short tutorial..... A first for me.
I have now had a play with a fleur De Lis punch and layered 2 together and that works too although not so deep, I suppose it will depend what thickness of card you use