Followers

Monday 17 June 2013

What a Surprise.........

Well here I am finally with some exciting news......
A few weeks ago I joined the Jem`s Design facebook group and seeing the cards and creations that the girls had made I bought a couple of cd`s along with freebies that Sue Andrews very kindly lets the members use, and I was lucky to win one of the competitions that they hold using A Swan`s Song CD, the images are very delicate along with the backing papers and elements.
 
About a month ago Sheenagh Hulin asked if I would be interested in being a guest DT for their new upcoming cd....
" Yesterdays` Dreams - Christmas Treasures "
 which will be on
 Create & Craft Tuesday 25th June  - time to be announced.
 Well I jumped at the chance and thoroughly enjoyed using the images that Sheenagh sent me and they are fabulous and so easy to work with,   I was quite nervous, so me being me I gave Sheenagh a sneak peek of what I had made
( Sorry no I cannot show you what I have created at the moment).
Imagine my surprise when I received an email from Sheenagh asking if I would be interested in becoming a permanent design team member, I was shocked and just sat there for a few minutes trying to take it all in......... of course I said YES woohoo.
Thank you Sheenagh for asking.
Jem`s Designs are well known for.. Gothic, Fantasy, Fairies and Dark  and so many others, just click on the link to find them all.
 
Right down to earth now. The 2 cards I am showing today are from Jem`s Designs HatBox Confection.
6 x 6 pink scalloped card, Creative Expressions Moroccan Mask, Spellbinders Adorning Squares, silver pearlised card, Tim Holz Distress ink, gems from stash. Hat is decoupaged.
 
The instructions for this card shape is from Joanna Sheen.
Centura card, backing paper printed onto cardstock, I did not have the correct spellbinders die to use, so I used matt and layer template from Emmas Cards uk cut by hand. Flowers so kindly given to me by Lindsay, gems from stash.
 
Just before I disappear a little update on my granddaughter Ashley.
She spoke to the doctor on the day of her discharge and he told her she has Goodpastures disease which effects the kidneys and lungs. Consequently she is having dialysis 3 times a week (she was having this while in hospital) for 6 months then she will be put on the transplant list.  can I ask if you dont already...
 PLEASE Sign up for the donor card,  not only for her sake but all the sufferers out there.
 
Chris xxxxx
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

22 comments:

  1. Both Beautiful Cards Christine and Congratulations Welcome to the Team Hugs Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful news Christine and so well deserved - I hope you enjoy it! Hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards Chris and big congratulations on your DT position too xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo hoo Christine, welcome to the team, well deserved :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations hun, very well deserved, they are lucky to have you, your cards are beautiful
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Chris on the permanent DT position,totally deserved as you are certainly a talented lady. Good luck and have fun:O). Your two cards are fabulous, love all the different pink shades and the hats are wonderful!
    hugs
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Huge congrats and well deserved too, these are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your DT post - well done! Love your cards - especially the first one.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful cards Chris.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw! Congratulations on your DT position, very well deserved, your cards are fabulous xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. 2 gorgeous cards Chris & WAHOOOOOOO WTG on your new 'permanent' DT position... no wonder ya all excited hehehe... cant wait to see the new creations ;)

    love n hugz Angie xXx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both cards are beautiful, congratulations on your DT positions.

    Regards diane

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous well done xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations Chris I am absolutely thrilled to bits for you and so well deserved too as your cards are amazing.

    Sorry to hear about little Ashley. I know the importance of Donor cards as I gave my son a Kidney 6 years ago as he had polysystic renal failure. He is doing well and getting on with his life now. I hope a donor can be found for Ashley.

    Hugs to you all
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such stunning creations Chris. Many congratulations on your new DT position.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations Chris. Both these cards are fabulous. Very stylish.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very very well deserved, congratulations. I have a few of their CDs and love them.
    These two cards are both gorgeous. I adore the pastel colours of the first card as it makes it very delicate and feminine. The second card is gorgeous with that lovely red and bolder colours. Both very elegant and classy.

    Hugs Lisa xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous cards Chris, as always,
    I cannot remember if I congratulated you on joining us in the Jems DT, think I could have done it while I was in Mexico, so if I have double congrats.

    Your Granddaught is wonderful and I am so glad she is doing ok.
    Hugs Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you all for taking the time and popping by and leaving comments
I appreciate each and everyone xx